SharpCut v1.5.0 Beta Access
SharpCut version v1.5.0 development is currently in-progress and we have decided to release it to supporters for early testing.
We have not released any feature or bug fixing updates to the v1.4.x line, because we needed new and better solutions to address some of the issues and feature request we've been receiving from our users. The beta release does not contain any of those - it does, however provide a foundation to implement said features in the future.
Some of the v1.5.0 changes include:
- Update: Ported the entire application from .NET Framework 4.7 to .NET 6.0
- Update: Added the SharpCutAV playback engine (experimental) which will eventually replace libvlc in subsequent versions
Known limitations and issues:
- SharpCutAV playback engine does not currently support loading media from online sources.
- SharpCutAV playback engine does not support audio (yet). Although it is supported in the native C implementation of SharpCutAVCore, it is not yet implemented in the managed assembly component of the SharpCutAV framework
- SharpCut may periodically crash when attempting to load a file when SharpCutAV playback engine is used.
- Media Helper plugin hasn't been fully ported to .NET 6.0, it may crash SharpCut when browsing through a list of generated previews.
Version v1.5.0 is currently only available to supporters.Go back