SharpCut is a simple video editing utility that allows you to cut individual scenes out of videos without re-encoding.
SharpCut is much less featured than LosslessCut, but boasts superior timeline scrubbing performance. This is a big advantage when working on large (and long) video files. Unlike LosslessCut, it does not need to remux containers other than MPEG-4 (.mp4) in order to make files work with HTML5 <video> tag.
SharpCut is absolutely free. If you'd like to help pay for the server and make sure we have enough coffee - click the link below. If you donate (any amount) you will get access to the beta update channel. Do make sure to shoot us an email with the confirmation of your donation so we can get you started.
Conflagrate is an organization we have created for the purpose of publishing software under a single brand, you can find out more about Conflagrate and get our contact information in the "About us" section.
SharpCut is currently available only for Windows and requires an x64 procesor. This means it is supported by all modern systems, but it will not run on ARM and ARM64 based systems. Support for more platforms and operating systems is planned for future releases of SharpCut.
If you are operating a software distribution/aggregation website or platform, we ask you that you either link to this webpage directly or use your own mirrors for hosting the installer. Please make sure to update your screenshots and information whenever a new release is published.
Windows, x64Download installer (.exe) Download portable release (.zip)
Download - stores
Alternatively, you may download SharpCut v1.3 from other sources. It's completely free of charge - we do not charge money for the Microsoft store version.
SharpCut v1.x is now open-souced under the GPL3 license. You can grab a copy of the source code and contribute over at GitHub.GitHub
Below you will find the list of recent (since v1.3.0) changes to SharpCut. For a longer list (going back to v1.0.1), please check the "Change log" functionality in the software under the "About" menu item.
- Bug fix: Resolved an issue where any export/remux/merge action would fail the first time and subsequently hang the application
- Misc: Bumped LibVLCSharp to 3.8.2
- Bug fix: Fixed a bug where absolute paths would be used for media stored in the same path as the project
- Bug fix: Fixed a bug where the fast preview frame would show when it shouldn't
- Bug fix: Fixed a bug where attempting to navigate between cut segments would fail
- Bug fix: Fixed a bug where the timeline status bar would not update upon closing of an open file
- Misc: Improved the timeline scrubbing performance and accuracy by working around the limitations of libVLC (this is pretty hacky)
- Bug fix: Fixed a bug where SharpCut would crash with an exception when attempting to open a file directly in Windows Explorer
- Bug fix: Fixed a bug where LLC files with a relative media path would not function correctly
- Misc: Moved selection information to the new status bar
- Misc: Added total segment duration to the new status bar
- Update: Completely re-wrote the entire export/remux/merge code - hopefully bug free now
- Update: SharpCut WILL finally handle export/remux/merge errors and abort on processing failure
- Update: "Insert cut" button will now default new segment end time to total video duration, rather than 0 sec.
- Update: "Set cut start time" button will now insert a new cut segment if no segment is selected
- Update: Generating preview frames is now performed in the background (shown by a purple line in the timeline) and is no longer blocking the application with a modal dialog
- Adjustment: SharpCut will no longer allow creating cut segments shorter than 1000ms
- New feature: SharpCut will now ask if you want to load the output file if you merge any video files by dragging them onto the application, or through "Tools -> Remux to" in the menu bar
- New feature: Added the "Submit a bug report" menu item
- Bug fix: Removing a cut segment now removes it from selection
- New language: Added Italian translation, courtesy of Roberto Boriotti (bovirus) and Kamilla Benforte
- Misc: SharpCut now has a splash image showing when no video file is loaded
- Adjustement: Added support for the dav container (CCTV footage)
- FFMPEG updated to 2023-04-12-git-1179bb703e
- LibVLCSharp updated to 3.7.0
- Xabe.FFmpeg updated to 5.2.6
- Newtonsoft.Json updated to 13.0.3
- New feature: File name templates
- Adjustement: Added support for mts, m2ts, vob, wmv, rm, flv containers
- FFMPEG updated to 2023-03-02-git-814178f926
- Bug: Resolved a bug where exporting segment timestamps to CSV would result in a badly-formatted timestamps (exported as seconds instead of HH:mm:ss
- Enhancement: The mouse hover effect over segments in the timeline was poorly visible (10% brightness vs 20% now)
- Removal: Removed the Japanese translation, as my ability in written Japanese is rather poor
- Feature: Added the ability to name sections
- Feature: Added the ability to export timestamps to a CSV file or as YouTube chapters
- Misc: New application icon, full-resolution render available at bagno.jp
- Misc: Opensource licenses are now viewable from a dedicated "Licenses dialog"
- Bug: Minor bug fixes