SharpCut v1.4.0 is released
SharpCut version v1.4.0 has been released to the public with many updates that will hopefully address some of the bigger problems reported by users.
- Update: Completely re-wrote the entire export/remux/merge code - hopefully bug free now
- Update: SharpCut WILL finally handle export/remux/merge errors and abort on processing failure
- Update: "Insert cut" button will now default new segment end time to total video duration, rather than 0 sec.
- Update: "Set cut start time" button will now insert a new cut segment if no segment is selected
- Update: Generating preview frames is now performed in the background (shown by a purple line in the timeline) and is no longer blocking the application with a modal dialog
- Adjustment: SharpCut will no longer allow creating cut segments shorter than 1000ms
- New feature: SharpCut will now ask if you want to load the output file if you merge any video files by dragging them onto the application, or through "Tools -> Remux to" in the menu bar
- New feature: Added the "Submit a bug report" menu item
- Bug fix: Removing a cut segment now removes it from selection
- New language: Added Italian translation, courtesy of Roberto Boriotti (bovirus) and Kamilla Benforte
- Misc: SharpCut now has a splash image showing when no video file is loaded