SharpCut v1.4.0 Beta Access
SharpCut version v1.4.0 development is ongoing and we have created a beta update channel for supporters.
This decision has been made in order to test new features early. Internally, we have several people giving the beta version a shot - but if you'd like to get an early look at what's going on you can do so if you donate any amount to the project (check out the download page for details).
Some of the v1.4.0 changes include:
- Update: Completely re-wrote the entire export/remux/merge code - hopefully bug free now
- Update: SharpCut WILL finally handle export/remux/merge errors and abort on processing failure
- Update: "Insert cut" button will now default new segment end time to total video duration, rather than 0 sec.
- Update: "Set cut start time" button will now insert a new cut segment if no segment is selected
- Update: Generating preview frames is now performed in the background (shown by a purple line in the timeline) and is no longer blocking the application with a modal dialog
- Adjustment: SharpCut will no longer allow creating cut segments shorter than 1000ms
- New feature: SharpCut will now ask if you want to load the output file if you merge any video files by dragging them onto the application, or through "Tools -> Remux to" in the menu bar
- New feature: Added the "Submit a bug report" menu item
- Bug fix: Removing a cut segment now removes it from selection
- New language: Added Italian translation, courtesy of Roberto Boriotti (bovirus) and Kamilla Benforte
- Misc: SharpCut now has a splash image showing when no video file is loaded